Sunday, January 8, 2012

Katy Perry Thanks Fans for 'Love and Support,' Slams Divorce

Katy Perry disappeared from Twitter from December 26 to January 7, making for one of the longest breaks she's had from the social networking site since signing up in February 2009. Of course, there was good reason for the break: Russell Brand announced their break-up.



Katy Perry The pop starlet stayed quiet on all fronts for over a week after the divorce announcement. She broke her silence Saturday, on Twitter, naturally. Perry wrote to her 13.6 million followers: "I am so grateful for all the love and support I've had from people around the world. You guys have made my heart happy again," she said.

Her soon-to-be ex got his two Russell+Brand in 3rd Annual cents out there way right away. He filed for divorce December 30
and issued a statement: "Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I'll always adore her and I know we'll remain friends," he said. The British comedian has tweeted sparingly since and his camp hasn't issued any further info about the failed marriage.


Perry seems to be running her own PR game, asking that fans only listen to what she has to say about the end of the 14-month marriage. She even slammed her parents in the request! "Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, "close sources" or my family," she wrote.

So why the family diss? Well, TMZ has been following the story closely, and apparently the singer's pastor parents mentioned her in a sermon last week. That move obviously didn't go over so well.

Perry's mom told parishioners: "I'm sure Katy is trending on the internet just to get you to church tonight. I mean all over the world, who knows how God is bringing them in? The most important thing is you are here and God wants to put the fire in you in 2012."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...